Tag Archives: obama
So this week, the government program du-jour is a $50 billion dollar infrastructure plan to “rebuild roads, railways, and runways.” This is what President Obama now wants Congress to pass.
Looking back, wasn’t that what the $787 Billion dollar stimulus project was supposed to fix? Weren’t those supposed to be “shovel ready jobs” that would focus on infrastructure? So $787 Billion didn’t do it, but now we think that $50 billion more will?
Wake up Mr. Obama, hope is gone and there is no change left in the kitty. It’s time to smell the coffee, and take back congress, people! We’ve had enough Kool-Aid. Government spending will never turn an economy around. Only the ingenuity of the private sector can save us at this point and right now with all of the new rules, regulations, and anti-business environment that has taken over Washington, that possibility is also fading fast.
Get out there and make sure that in November, congress is NOT in the hands of the people who are spending us into oblivion!
Right now some of you are saying that I’m unfair in my assessment. Where are your facts, you say. O.k. here are the reasons for a grade of F.
1. The delay in getting involved. President Obama took weeks to become engaged in this crisis.
2. The failure to clear the red tape so that people like Bobby Jindal could authorize the actions that would have kept a lot more of the oil off shore. Finally Bobby Jindal said just do it-we aren’t waiting any more. Go Bobby!
3. The failure to allow other countries with expertise in oil clean up come to help us. At least 13 offers of help from other countries/companies have been rejected. Shame on you Mr. Obama.
4. The move to stop all other deep water drilling until further notice. That reasoning is like saying, “Since we’ve had a car crash on I-80 that has backed up traffic for miles, no other cars may be made or sold until further notice.” That logic is warped! We still need the oil and those people still need those jobs!
5. The failure to allow drilling on land in places like Alaska that would be much safer than deep water drilling.
6. The attempt to take this awful oil spill and turn it into a launching pad for new energy taxes, cap and trade, and other progressive job killing legislation. Forget about cap and trade! CAP THE WELL!
My grade for the President……F.
It was really hard to watch the Democrats pass a piece of legislation by 4 votes that will change 1/6 of our economy. I have to admit it…I was disheartened. I am mad. However, as I watched President Obama and Vice President Biden congratulating one another with a wink, nod, hug, oh…and profanity; my anger turned to resolve.
I am reminded of the response of the American people after 9/11. I am reminded of the response of the American people after Pearl Harbor. The day after these stunning defeats in our nation’s history, the resolve of the American people was amazing. People started showing up at recruiting stations. Communities started organizing to assist in whatever ways they could. While Nancy Pelosi is grinning from ear to ear in her smug way, she should remember an interesting piece of history. The Japanese admiral who planned the Pearl Harbor attack was Admiral Yamamoto. He was educated in the United States as a young man. He had witnessed capitalism and the American spirit in action and even as he ordered the attack; a cold chill permeated his heart which he expressed in his famous statement that he “feared that Japan had awakened a sleeping giant.” He was right.
Speaker Pelosi, you have awakened a sleeping giant in this country: a people who refuse to leave their children and grand children crippling debt, a proud people who do not need to have the government hold their hand from cradle to grave to survive, and a people who have historically always been ready to help their neighbors in need.
The battle plans are already in the works. It will take every concerned citizen to be involved in these up and coming elections. This is the election that we must take to the streets. Our country stands on the precipice of history. There is no time left. Will you join the fight? Will you be informed about your candidates? Are you willing to hold your representative’s feet to the fire to ensure that this out of control spending stops?
ARE YOU READY TO FIGHT TO HAVE THE HEALTH CARE LEGISLATION REPEALED? GET INVOLVED! WE HAVE ONLY BEGUN TO FIGHT!!!!!!
How many times on the campaign trail did we hear then Senator Obama say, “If you make less than $250,000 per year you will not see a tax increase-not in your income tax, not in your capital gains tax, not in your payroll tax, not in any tax.” I can remember at least a million, o.k. not a million, but A LOT! This was the mantra day after day.
Now all of a sudden President Obama says that he is “agnostic” about raising taxes on all income levels. This I believe. I think that it won’t be long before his agnosticism turns into full-fledged, fervent, in your face tax increases on everyone. However, what he will not tell you is that even if he doesn’t raise your tax rate, his policies will take your income away from you in the following ways:
- Continued spending of money that is hot off of the fed’s printing press will result in big time inflation which will cause your income to not go as far as it does right now.
- Interest rates will increase when inflation rears it’s ugly head and then the cost of borrowing-including the interest rates on those pesky credit cards will be sky high.
- When businesses are worried about potential tax increases, penalties for not having the “right” health plans in place for employees, new energy requirements etc; they will not hire or give raises because they simply can’t make long term plans in that type of political environment.
- Any policies that are designed to punish “big” business will simply be passed on to you and I, the consumer. This is because in reality, corporations don’t pay their taxes, the consumers do. So we should remember this when we get that warm fuzzy feeling when we see congress making those “evil” corporations pay up.
- Policies such as cap and trade and health care reform would add costs to every product and service produced and once again these costs would be paid for by, you guessed it, you and I.
So, while Barack Obama may be agnostic about whether or not you and I will pay regardless of our income level; I am a firm believer that while those in government are the ones who have spent us into oblivion, you and I are about to get the bill-oh, and not only us, but our children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren…..(You see a pattern developing here!)
So what to do, what to do….Hmmmmm……Stop spending money that we do not have! That’s change that we CAN believe in!
Mr. Obama was on a tear telling the 60 Minutes interviewer that he did not come to Washington to help a bunch of “fat cats” on Wall Street. Well, that’s just great. I guess he just came to Washington to help the fat cats there!
Since Mr. Obama took office, government employees making over $170,00o per year have literally exploded. Before he took office there was only one employee in the Department of Transportation making that amount. Now there is over a thousand employees just in that one department alone making that princely sum.
Most of the businesses that I am aware of have cut workers, cut salaries or frozen salaries due to the economic times that we find ourselves in. Prudent measures that sometimes have to be taken to save a business from failing all together. Not the government, though, while families and businesses are cutting their budgets, Washington is on a spending spree.
Congress just sent to the President’s desk a spending bill with over 5000 earmarks that when totaled up was over 1.1 TRILLION dollars. Apparently, budgeting, is only for us “little people”. Oh, and while they’re spending like there’s no tomorrow with money that they printed up just for the occasion; they are planning on taking over the health care system. Are you kidding me!
I’m tired of it. Let’s send a message to Washington. Let’s vote out these tax and spenders. Let’s take back our government.